Friday, February 20, 2015

Everbound by Brodi Ashton *Mild Spoilers*

Rating:  Thumbs up

Blurb: Nikki Beckett could only watch as her boyfriend, Jack, sacrificed himself to save her, taking her place in the Tunnels of the Everneath for eternity — a debt that should’ve been hers. She’s living a borrowed life, and she doesn’t know what to do with the guilt. And every night Jack appears in her dreams, lost and confused and wasting away.Desperate for answers, Nikki turns to Cole, the immortal bad boy who wants to make her his queen — and the one person least likely to help. But his heart has been touched by everything about Nikki, and he agrees to assist her in the only way he can: by taking her to the Everneath himself.

Review
This book was good, but I think I was more interested in the first book. This book was mostly about finding Jack and while I am all for finding Jack I really did not want him in the story. I was rooting for Cole. I seem to always root for the bad guy, even after the twist of this book at the end. It also took me a while to finish the book because of school which was really sad because I missed reading a lot.

Nikki Beckett stuck between two guys that are complete opposites and it seems as if she likes the good guy better, which is very sad because bad guys are a lot more fun well in books anyways :P 

Jack is the good sweet boy that everyone loves and always wants to win. He wants to be with Nikki but when Nikki returns from the Everneath she does not want anything to do with him if she is going to disappear again, but he works his way back into her heart.

Cole is the immortal bad boy. He is in a band and he is an Everling looking for a mate so he can rule the Everneath. He has found his mate, but she is in love with another guy, so when he tries to win his way back into her heart by helping her throughout the book to save Jack.

This book was good, but it lost its interest for me I was always hoping for something to happen between Cole and Nikki when they were in the Everneath. This book was mostly about Saving Jack which got kind of boring half way through so I guess I tried to avoid it, but I knew I had to finish reading it because there is the third and final book. 

So this book is good for all the Jack shippers:P You guys would probably enjoy the second book a lot more, but you would not enjoy the end twist.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment