Wednesday, April 15, 2015

How to Hook a Bookworm by Cassie Mae and Rating system change

Rating:
Blurb:
Getting kissed for a birthday present should not be a big deal. Especially for Brea Mason, who doesn’t think of her best friend, Adam Silver, in any way other than… well, a friend. But after the liplock she can’t seem to get him off her mind. And she has to, because Adam is a senior while she’s stuck in high school for another two years.Then a new hot Distraction comes a long which Brea welcomes because she does not want to think about all her friends leaving her.

Review:
This book was amazing. I really loved Brea and Adam as soon as I read about them I was shipping them. They were perfect and I was really upset that it took Brea a while to see how she felt about Adam, but Adam was no better. 

Brea has a rough life, her mom is always on temp jobs and her brother is helping out as much as he can, but he also wants to move out and move in with his girlfriend and he does not want to do that until he is sure that everyone is on their feet. Brea and her mom's relationship is fragile and when Brea comes home and finds her mom doing something unthinkable she does not go home for a while. 

Adam has a better life, he lives with his dad and has a job and is passing all his classes. He is getting ready to move out and go to college, but when Brea  asks for help for her classes because she is failing them he cannot say no. Brea and Adam know everything about eachother. They are in a relationship but without the sex and it is cute and I had to wait a while before they figured out how they felt.... most of the freakin' book!!  

I was not a big fan of Jay when he came to the school. I think because I was already in love with the idea of Brea and Adam because they were perfect together she did not have to be anyone else. With Jay, Brea had to hide who she was and she never wanted him to see her house. 
Brea also did not think of Jay as her friend just her boyfriend, which was strange since usually a relationship starts with friendship. 

Brea's friends were hilarious and knew what was happening between Brea and Adam before she even knew what was happening. 
There is a happy ending in this book, but my gosh... Adam almost killed me I cried so much near the end of the book because Adam likes to get the hopes up and crush them, but he makes it better in the end, which is all that matters.

I would highly recommend this book, it was a cute read and I could not put it down. My rating system is changing because it is a lot easier to rate the books more accurate with the star system rather then the thumbs up system, sorry about the random change, but hopefully it will make it better.




No comments:

Post a Comment