Monday, July 20, 2015

Rock Chick Regret by Kristen Ashely

Synopsis: Sadie Townsend is known by all as The Ice Princess and she’s worked hard to earn her reputation. Her father, a now-incarcerated Drug Lord, has kept her under his thumb her whole life and she’s learned enough from living in his world to give everyone the cold shoulder. But one inebriated night, she shows the Real Sadie to the undercover agent she knows is investigating her father, the handsome Hector Chavez, and he knows he’ll stop at nothing to have her.

Hector makes one (huge) mistake; he waits for Sadie to come to him. Tragedy strikes and Sadie’s got a choice, she can retreat behind her Ice Fortress or she can embrace the Rock Chick/Hot Bunch World. Guided by Hector, the Rock Chicks, the Hot Bunch and her new gay roommates, Buddy and Ralphie, Sadie negotiates a life out from under her father’s thumb, a life that includes poison, arson and learning how to make s’mores.

Genres: Contemporary Romance, Humor, Adult

Rating: ★★★ 

Review: Sadie... Sadie. She got on my nerves quite a bit. I understand that she was hurt and the ice princess, but she annoyed me so much. I felt sorry for Hector because he had to deal with her getting close then pulling away. Sadie also annoyed me with the Rock Chicks because they do nothing but try to let her in and she blows them off or ignores them and nobody should be that mean. Yes, I understand that the Ice princess was her way of coping and she is used to that persona, but after a while, it was time to drop it.

Sadie tries hard to be the ice princess because of her father that is the way she deals with things. She meets Hector during an investigation that was happening on her father and things become heated with them, but she runs away because she gets scared.

Throughout the book I have no clue how many Sadies you meet all I know is she needs to become one Sadie all together because the multiple personalities is a pain in the ass. I personally liked when she was Hectors Sadie because she was not trying to hide anything from Hector, so it made life easier when she was normal Sadie.

The sex in the book is pretty awesome, steamy and perfect between Hector and Sadie because she was the perfect girl, he was the more gritty man whom had a couple rough edges, and they complimented each other so well.

Hector had to deal with a lot when it came to Sadie I am not going to spoil it for you, but some shitty things happen to Sadie throughout the book, which is horrible for both of them because they have enough to work through. They work through their problems though and they come out stronger than ever.

This book is good, but out of the series I have read better and she really pushed my buttons, I felt sorry for Hector throughout the book. I kept wondering if he knew what he was getting into, but the book turned out okay, would I re-read that book... probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment