Monday, January 12, 2015

Dead Ever After by Charlaine Harris

Rating: Thumbs down

Description: Sookie Stackhouse finds it easy to turn down the request of former barmaid Arlene when she wants her job back at Merlotte’s. After all, Arlene tried to have Sookie killed. But her relationship with Eric Northman is not so clearcut. He and his vampires are keeping their distance…and a cold silence. And when Sookie learns the reason why, she is devastated.Then a shocking murder rocks Bon Temps, and Sookie is arrested for the crime.But the evidence against Sookie is weak, and she makes bail. Investigating the killing, she’ll learn that what passes for truth in Bon Temps is only a convenient lie. What passes for justice is more spilled blood. And what passes for love is never enough

This is mainly going to be a ranting review, I am sorry in advance.

Even before I started reading this book, I was dreading the end, because I accidentally read a spoiler when it first came it.  After reading this spoiler it took me a long time to actually want to read it, because the spoiler I read was not at all how I wanted this series to end.

First of all this book was mostly about Arlene coming back and having to work for certain enemies  to get back at Sookie, I was expecting an ending for each important character. 

I was expecting Sookie to end up with Eric and that was my OTP in this series, from the second he was introduced. Sadly that is not how it ended and I was upset about that. I understand that the author needed to figure out a way to end the series, but with that guy really?!

 I was happy with everybody elses relationships, just not Sookie's and she is the main character so that is bad right?

Other than that the story was good, there was a lot more death in this book I find. 

I was really happy when Quinn came into the story for a little because I loved quinn, not as much as Eric or Alcide, but i still liked Quinn.

At the end of the story I really disliked Eric because he was an ass.

This series overall was good, but this last book....... no. 

2 comments: