Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Everneath by Brodi Ashton

Rating: Thumbs up!

Blurb: Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath. Now she’s returned—to her old life, her family, her boyfriend—before she’s banished back to the underworld . . . this time forever. She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can’t find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.

I was not sure who I liked best out of the Jack and Cole. Cole is the guy that Nikki spent one hundred years with. He is dark and mysterious and  he seems like he genuinely cares about Nikki even though he supposedly has no feelings. I like Cole because even though he comes from the Everneath and is trying to get Nikki back down there as his queen, he does not really force her to go.
Jack is the sweet boy she fell in love with in high school before the feed, he is cute and nice and very selfless (you'll understand why near the end of the book).

Nikki disappears and while she is gone Jack suffers without her, he searches for her, but he is broken and the one to pick up the pieces was Nikki's best friend Jules. At first I was not sure about Jules, because she has had a crush on Jack for a while, so Nikki is gone she could have made her move, but Jack never forgot about Nikki. 

I get why Nikki would want to come back to say goodbye to everyone and to not leave them wondering what happened, but I do not understand why she would want to drag her family and friends and Jack through that a second time, it was kind of an awful thing to do.

This book was really interesting and I am glad I bought the series. I am very excited to see what happens in the second book, I hear there is suppose to be a bargain that happens... hmmm I am very curious. Overall the book was good and I only had to put it down because of school work, or else I would have finished it in one day or two I am sure. It was good and sweet, sometimes it was sad, but there was always a bright side, sometimes it was just plain sad, but I would recommend it to anyone that like YA and myths all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment